Home > Language & Grammar > Pronouns
A list of pronouns translated from Xitsonga to English
- A pronoun is risivi in Xitsonga.
- A pronoun is a word that can function by itself as a noun phrase and that refers either to the participants in the discourse (e.g., I, you ) or to someone or something mentioned elsewhere in the discourse (e.g., she, it, this ).
- The community is correcting the information on this page.
- Byi - This
- Byobyebyi - These ones
- Byona - That. For nouns starting with 'by'
- Dyona - Him. Her. For nouns starting with 'dy'
- Enela - Enough
- Hiko - Full stop
- Hina - Us
- Mina - Me
- Rona - That. For nouns starting with 'r'
- Swona - These. For nouns starting with 'swi'
- Tona - That. For nouns starting with 't'
- Vona - Them
- Ximita ntsengele xi tshemba nkolo - He who swallows a large stone has confidence in the size of his throat
- Xona - That. For nouns starting with 'x'
Parts of the data was sourced from http://madyondza.blogspot.co.za